Among the wireless earpieces available in the market, Galaxy Buds are well designed. There has been a massive increase in positive reviews for its design, thanks to its excellent quality. The earphones are light and comfortable. To enhance the experience, it has a feature that blocks external sound.
As long as the phone has Bluetooth capability, Galaxy Buds will work with any phone. Samsung products, however, have a faster connection. With Bluetooth-enabled wireless devices, Samsung products could upgrade even computers, tablets, and smartphones. Apple removed the headphone jack and introduced AirPods, which led to the creation of Galaxy Buds.
Common Reason To Reset Galaxy Buds
One of the best wireless earpieces on the market is the Samsung Galaxy Buds, as mentioned earlier. Although it isn’t perfect, it isn’t without flaws. Your buds may stop working occasionally. Especially when you need to use them, this is not very reassuring. Resetting your galaxy buds can be prompted by various situations. The following are among them:
- If Galaxy buds cannot access a new device.
- The connection is not re-established when a previous relationship has already been established.
- When it constantly connects and disconnects.
- In the case of updating failure.
- In the case of no charge.
- A robot produces the Sounds.
You can reset your Galaxy Buds to their default settings if you find yourself in any of the above scenarios. You may contact Samsung Customer Service if you cannot connect your buds to a new device at all. Your problem will be checked remotely by them. In this case, they can replace the problem hardware.
What Happened After Resetting Galaxy Buds?
Default settings are returned to your earbuds when you reset them. Therefore, Buds are in the default setting you selected when you bought them. Your storage would be deleted entirely if there were any data. Your Galaxy Buds will also stop being recognized by all devices that have connected previously.
The pieces will need to be reconfigured for this. It makes sense to think about resetting your buds if you plan to do so. Stop repeating the pairing process if you aren’t ready to do so and consider other options instead.
Consider To Restart Galaxy Buds
If you run into a problem with Galaxy Buds, restarting them may help. Ensure that you continue the phone before performing a hard factory reset. Here are the steps for continuing your buds;
- Charge your buds so that you can determine the cause of the problem. In that case, you should charge the earbuds for at least 10 minutes if the battery power is less than 10%. The resulting time will be sufficient to restart with enough power.
- Place the charging case in the slot to charge the headphones. Close the lid properly after it has settled.
- Allow 7-10 seconds to pass before attempting to open the browser.
- If they still don’t connect, you may need to reopen the charging case and try again. All other devices should behave similarly.
Using the manual method for resetting the Galaxy Buds
The Galaxy Buds’ storage is erased when they are reset, as we mentioned above. Your previous connections are included in that data. All devices must be paired again once you perform a reset. You can manage all of these if you have the Galaxy Wearable.
Here is a step-by-step process of resetting your Galaxy Buds;
- Charge your Galaxy Buds entirely before you start. Would you please wait for the buds to charge by placing them in the charging slot? Proceed to step two once they charge 100%.
- Your phone should open the Galaxy Wearable app. Install it from Galaxy Apps if you don’t already have it.
- Go to the section that says “earbuds” after opening.
- When you open your earbuds, you’ll be able to see which options have been selected. Click on the “reset earbuds” option.
- To use earbuds, tap them. The process of resetting your computer will prompt you for confirmation. Would you please confirm if you know? Resetting your earbuds is now complete.
The Samsung device is the only one that supports this. You will not be able to use this with non-Samsung devices. Galaxy Buds can only be reset using an Android phone. Similarly, using Apple devices will also result in a similar experience.
You must download the Galaxy Wearable app from the Google Play Store for this to work. If you don’t have a phone of your own, you can either borrow your friend’s. Repetition of the above steps is now necessary.
Although the galaxy buds are among the best, they can have problems. Troubleshoot the restarting light process if that happens. Your data store will be protected by this method. After you reset them, the problem will not persist.
Getting in touch with Samsung Customer Service may help if resetting does not resolve the issue. Your problem will be resolved remotely by them. You must apply it before they can replace it.
Anyone can complete the process because it is so easy. For continued use, pair the Galaxy Buds with all devices after using them once.